The leadership assessment tool we use (Skyline 360) examines 28 competencies that are essential for a leader’s effectiveness. Research has shown that these 28 competencies are distributed among 4 domains: Leading Self, Leading Others, Leading the Organization and Managing Implementation/Execution.
The Essential Leadership Competencies:
These competencies include: Emotional Control, Flexibility, Integrity, Resilience, Self-Confidence, Executive Presence, and Work/Life Balance
These competencies include: Assertiveness, Conflict Resolution, Influencing Others, Listening, Partnering and Relationship Building, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Verbal Communication
These competencies include: Creativity and Innovation, Entrepreneurship, External Awareness, Inspirational Vision, Organizational Awareness, Service Motivation, and Strategic Thinking
These competencies include: Coaching and Mentoring, Customer Focus, Delegation, Effectiveness, Monitoring Performance, Planning and Organizing, and Thoroughness
Benefits of Our Assessment
- Efficient and Confidential – The assessment is conducted online and is completely confidential.
- High Rate of Response – To ensure compliance from raters, the Skyline 360 can be completed in less than 10 minutes. Spending more time writing comments is an optional.
- No redundant questions – The questions are clear and concise to eliminate the need to ask the same questions multiple ways.
- Comprehensive – The 360 Feedback report includes all essential competencies and skills for effective leadership, and can include feedback from up to 25 raters.
- Rate multiple people at the same time – Managers, or others who are asked to provide feedback to multiple leaders, can do so all at once enabling a comparative view and a time saving approach.
- Powerful Normative Data – The normative data allows the leader to know how his/her scores compare with other successful leaders, understanding if s/he is “ahead of or behind the curve”.
The Assessment Process
- Set-up: We set up the assessment and enter the information for all raters who should provide feedback.
- Feedback: The system sends out several reminder emails to ensure a high response rate.
- Report: Once we have sufficient feedback (usually within about two weeks), we generate a comprehensive report showing a leader’s strengths and weaknesses, along with written comments from raters.
- Review: We meet one-on-one with the leader to review the assessment results, offer perspective and insights, and suggest which competencies would serve them best by improving.